Eligible Age for Admission
A Child must be 5 years old as of 31st March in the academic year in which admission is sought for Class I. (Child born on 1st April should also be considered.)
The minimum and maximum age limit for admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas in various classes are given below:
(Child born on 1st April should also be considered.)
|CLASS||MINIMUM AGE ON 31ST MARCH OF THE YEAR IN WHICH ADMISSION IS SOUGHT||MAXIMUM AGE ON 31ST MARCH OF THE YEAR IN WHICH ADMISSION IS SOUGHT|
|I||5 Years||7 Years|
|II||6 Years||8 Years|
|III||7 Years||9 Years|
|IV||8 Years||10 Years|
|V||9 Years||11 Years|
|VI||10 Years||12 Years|
|VII||11 Years||13 Years|
|VIII||12 Years||14 Years|
|IX||13 Years||15 Years|
|X||14 Years||16 Years|
Note: The maximum age limit can be relaxed by two years in the case of Differently abled children by the Principal.
Documents required for admission
- For Class I, certificate of proof of age in the form of a birth certificate issued by the authority competent to register births. This will include certificates from Notified Area Council / Municipality / Municipal Corporation extract about the date of birth from records of Village Panchayat, Military Hospital and service records of Defence personnel.
- For other classes, the date of birth recorded in the transfer certificate issued by a school recognized by the State Education Department would be accepted. The original certificate of date of birth should be returned to the parent after verification. Admissions up to class-VIII may be granted without any school transfer certificate provided the child is otherwise eligible and his birth certificate has been issued by a Govt. body.
- For grandchildren of Hon’ble Member of Parliament and PSU employees, proof of relationship of either of the child’s parents with the Hon’ble Member of Parliament or PSU employees would be needed.
- For grandchildren of KVS employee, proof of relationship of either of the child’s parent with the KVS employee (serving or retired) would be required.
- A certificate that the child belongs to the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/EWS/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/BPL wherever applicable, issued by the competent authority in concerned State Government/Union Government. The certificate in respect of either of the parents may be accepted initially, for the purpose of admission, if this certificate is not available for the child. However, the certificate in respect of the child has to be submitted within a period of 03 months from the date of admission.
- A certificate from the civil surgeon/rehabilitation centre or any other competent authority defined by the Government of India O.M. No. 36035/5/88/Estt. (act) dated 4.5.1999 certifying the child to be handicapped, wherever applicable. In case, where the handicap of the child can be visually seen by the Principal, the child may be accepted as handicapped even without a certificate. However, the parent may be advised to obtain the relevant certificate from the competent authority and submit the same to the school.
- A service certificate showing the number of transfers during the preceding 7 years duly signed and stamped by the head of the office bearing the name, designation and other relevant particulars in block letters.
- A certificate of retirement for uniformed Defence employees.
- Proof of Residence.
Admission under the RTE act
- Admission under RTE act in Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan
- Application for Reimbursement of amount for RTE student
- Undertaking by Parents under RTE act
Admission under Single Girl Child (SGC)
Single Girl Child means the only child i.e. only girl child to the parents, with no other siblings. It includes twin girl children also.
Admission under MP quota
Admission under Chairman, VMC Quota
The Chairman, Vidyalaya Management Committee (VMC) can recommend a maximum of two admissions in the concerned Kendriya Vidyalaya/Shift under his discretionary quota. These two admissions may be recommended in one class or all classes put together, the children so recommended should be otherwise eligible as per KVS Admission Guidelines.
Admission under Sponsoring agency Quota
The sponsored agencies are those organisations, that provide KVS, land for running schools. It’s the District Magistrate or DC of a district in the case of a civil sector school. In case the school is being run in a railway land, it’s the concerned railway division that is the sponsored agency In a school running under a project, it is the concerned project which is the sponsoring agency for that particular KV .
The only condition is that all these seats under the Sponsor agency quota (SQ) are restricted for the wards of the employees of that particular agency and the proposed children need to be otherwise eligible too (age etc). All these names are proposed/recommended for admission by the Chairman, Vidyalaya Management Committee of that particular KV . The Chairman is usually the head of that particular project; the DRM in case of a KV that is functioning in railway land or the DM/DC of the district in case of a civil sector KV.
05 seats in each section of class I, within the approved class strength (40) will be filled by the children of Sponsoring Agency in all schools except those specifically notified otherwise by the Commissioner. Similarly, 10 seats in all other classes put together (not more than 02 seats in each section) can be recommended by the Chairman VMC for the wards of employees of the sponsoring Agency. These admissions will be over and above the class strength, if otherwise eligible as per KVS Admission Guidelines.
KVS Fee Structure
Admission Fee: Rs. 25 only which is to be paid once in case of fresh admission in the school.
Re-Admission Fee: Rs. 100 only which is to be paid along with the Quarterly fee if the name is struck off due to non-payment of quarterly fee for a particular quarter.
|CLASS||TUITION FEE||COMPUTER FUND||VVN CONTRIBUTION||Total Fee |
(per quarter i.e. for 3 months)
|I - II||NIL||NIL||Rs.1500||Rs.1500|
|III - VIII||NIL||Rs.300||Rs.1500||Rs.1800|
|IX - X||Rs.600 |
(ONLY FOR BOYS)
|XI - XII |
(Commerce & Humanities)
(only for Boys)
|Rs.450 for Comp.Sci/IP elective|
Rs.300 for others
|Rs.1500||Rs.2850 for Comp.Sci/IP elective|
Rs.2700 for others
|XI – XII|
(ONLY FOR BOYS)
|Rs.450 for Comp.Sci /IP elective|
Rs.300 for others
|Rs.1500||Rs.3150 for Comp.Sci/IP elective|
Rs.3000 for others
- Girls are exempted from Tuition fees.
- Single Girl Children are exempted from all fees from std. VI
- Students under SC/ST category are exempted from Tuition Fees.
- KVS children are exempted from the Tuition Fee.
- BPL students are exempted from VVN & Tuition Fee (only computer fee has to be collected).
- Under RTI admitted children exempted from all fees.